As a prospective business buyer, you
should understand that as business brokers, we represent (in
most instances) and are paid by the sellers who have employed
us to sell their business. We are obligated, by law, to act primarily
for the seller's (our client) benefit.
However, we also want you to know that
it is our policy, as well as a legal requirement, that we treat
you fairly, honestly, and abide by a strict Code
of Ethics. We can provide you with valuable market information
on businesses that we offer for sale, education in the business
buying process, and assistance in buying a business. Here are
some other ways we can help you:
- 1) We can show you businesses that are listed with our firm,
helping you to develop an understanding of how businesses are
priced. We will also offer you a choice of businesses to consider
- 2) We will disclose to you material facts we know abut the
businesses we have available.
- 3) We will promptly submit all of your offers as instructed
by the seller. We will promptly transmit all of the sellers
responses back to you.
- 4) As professional business brokers, we are not qualified
to advise you on legal, accounting or tax matters. We can, however,
guide you through the transaction. We will provide you with information
on how to engage attorneys, accountants, and other professionals
who may be of assistance to you.
- 5) We offer businesses for sale without regard to the race,
creed or sex of the parties involved.
- 6) It is our goal to treat you fairly and with the highest
level of competence. We encourage your questions regarding our
roles and responsibilities.
- Business Buyer Resource Center - "Learn 100s of tips, strategies
and techniques to help you find and buy the right business".