Immigration & Business Visa Status


Non-Immigrant Visas for business persons or investors are known as B-1; B-2; E-1; E-2; H-1B and L-1. Many business buyers seek a business and are motivated by reasons other than ROI. Some seek the dream of living in the land of opportunity. Their motivation and needs will be honed in on seeking a business that will qualify them for Visa status.



B-1, a temporary visa for business, permits a visit to negotiate contracts, seek investments or real estate, or consult with business partners or associates. B-2 permits a visit for pleasure only.



Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor Visas are commonly referred to as E-1 or E-2. These visas are available only to Nationals of those countries with whom the U.S. has a Treaty of Commerce or Navigation. The E-1 Visa allows the individual to carry on substantial trade principally between the U.S. and their foreign country. The E-2 Visa allows one to direct and develop the operations of a business in which he or she has an investment or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.



The H-1B Visa is a temporary worker visa for the international business person who is a "prominent" member of their profession and holds a minimum of a Bachelors Degree.



The L-1 (Intra Company Transferee) is a Visa which permits the individual to apply later for lawful permanent residence, i.e., the Green Card.


Jumbo Visa

New "Immigration Entrepreneur" Visa for investors with one to three million dollars in capital (with variations to encourage investment in targeted areas) and who employ 10 or more U.S. person can now, for the first time in U.S. history, apply directly for Permanent Resident Status (The Green Card). This is the one that provides Permanent Resident Status for the investor, spouse and children under 21.

E-2 Visa is the most common one for purchasing a business. The individual or company has to provide a substantial investment, generally in excess of $100,000 at risk. E Visa's are generally issued for five years.

Contact an Attorney specializing in immigrations to see if and what your country of origin qualifies for.

Bizology - the study of business for sale

email to : info [at] bizology [dot] com
Chambersburg, PA 17201-1712
| home office deduction | exchange for deferred taxes | home sale capital gains | asset vs. stock sale |
| time is of the essence | franchise buying & selling | business visa | angel investors |
| licensing business brokers? | start your own business | 2000 capital gains changes |
| TAX & LEGAL | you are in tax & legal forum now || MAIN INDEX |



 No monthly fee website hosting
200mb storage
Free domain name
details click here

Click Here!